Because

This movie is probably racist, sexist, and homophobic. And I'm gonna talk about it, even though it's not remotely current.

Femmebot: Bringing you the creme de la crap since 2010.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Quick and Dirty: Let Me In 2010

Once upon a time there was a dark tale in Western Europe which was made all the more chipper and less elegant when it crossed over to the Estas Unis. Am I talking about the Grimm brothers? Nope. I'm talking about the title of my post, the American remake of 2000's remarkable Let The Right One In: a castrato vampire love story.

Okay, I made the last part up. Anyway, I watched it because I like the little bitch from Kick Ass, shown here at her most Tarantino:

"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

I had low expectations: it would be more violent and less elegant than the original, it would add very little, Chloe will be great in it. I pronounce myself psychic. I was right. Don't be lazy, monolinguals, pull it together, and read the damn subtitles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is not a forum for the debating of the existence of sexism, homophobia, racism, classism, transphobia, ableism, or any of the other major forms of intersecting oppressions. OMG, THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER PLACES YOU CAN DO THAT!

Also, disagree with me and each other all you like! I love that! If you noticed I said something fucked up about oppression, or if your expertise in your own oppression gives you a better view, and if you are feeling generous enough to share that with me!? I embrace that!

Just be respectful. No name calling, No verbally attacking people. Please, my three readers and twenty-five spambots have feelings too, you know.